Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just Quit It

Last night, we had a sorry loss in a best-of-three semis game for our supposed-to-be-friendly-but-turning-out-to-be-serious small time tournament. After the game, the Chef told us that we will just have a short ‘meeting’ at his place. About what? I do not know. I was a bit hesitant to go with them because I am having a weird feeling that it was going to end up meeting with Mr. GranMa instead. Nonetheless, I found myself driving to D’ Chef’s House. Upon arrival, I told Air France that I will not drink, and that I will head home right after the ‘meeting’. While seated, we had a ‘disappointed’ talk about what happened in the game and planned what we should do in the next game to win and consequently play in the finals. But my weird feeling wasn’t really weird at all. Mr. GranMa did sneak in and join our meeting. With an empty stomach, I regretfully found myself drinking and smoking. Tsk, tsk!

Okay, the temptation was so strong to resist so I told myself again that I will go home after we fnished the bottle. An hour and a half later, I was still sitting and drinking but was slowly getting dizzy. Good thing, the last shot was shortly coming. After a few minutes, the bottle was down. I really wanted to go but something’s holding me back. Unknowingly, Mr. GranMa called for backup. The next moment, I found myself continuously taking shots as the night grew old. Poor me; I went home lightheaded drunk. I even puked right in front of our gate. Fortunately, I still managed to drive home safely.

To cut the story short, I woke up this morning with a severe hangover telling myself not to smoke anymore and to, as much as possible, moderate my alcohol intake (save some reservations) for a number of reasons, hence, this post. And to cut it even shorter:

Quit smoking .

Stop Smoking Or Stop Breathing

Drink moderately.

Beer Emotions

I know, some of you heard this resolution from me several times already but still find me doing the same thing over and over again. And I’m guilty of that. This time however, I’m not just going to do it verbally but I am also writing this post to serve as a reminder to myself. No promises, though. I know I can’t do this alone; help me help myself.

Maktub!

14 comments:

Ryan Baliza said...

i also regret the time i learned smoking... now, i got too addicted that my system longs for it after meals. i tried to quit a lot of times but those attempts turned out futile... Mine is a hopeless case i guess... Dont give up though..

Nice to know ur blogging now. Write more!!!!

Jude said...

hopeless case? St. Jude, pray for us.

“When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you are slamming the door in the face of God.” – Charles Allen. Ü

being defeated is often only a temporary situation.. giving up is what makes it permanent.

we can do this, ry.Ü

Mina Palencia said...

wow! may grand launching pa.... cge gudluck...


miss you man palan.. :)

Jude said...

eheh.. may ribbon cutting pa ngani an.. sayang, di ka nakaattend.. eheh.. hope i can keep this rolling..

thanks mina..Ü miss you also and the rest of the gang..Ü

-xych®- said...

hirap nga tlga magquit... i tried but now i quit trying to quit. hehehehe... seriously though, sometimes i wish i would stop smoking, aside from being dangerous to the health of both mine and other people around me, cigarette is very, and i mean VERY expensive here but i dunno, i just can't or won't.

someday maybe. in God's time...

-xych®-

Jude said...

actually, i'm not that addicted to smoking and drinking. i won't say it's my vice either. i just enjoy the environment and the company although i know that it doesn't justify such stuff.

as for the drinking, we can just moderate it. 1-2 alcohol drinks a day is tolerable and even said to have positive effects on health. moreover, it is not that prone to addiction because we can't have it anytime, anywhere.

but smoking? no single advantage, and is very prone to addiction as we can carry cigarette sticks almost anytime, anywhere. and so, we better quit. stop smoking or stop breathing.

unless we decide to quit now, we'll have a hard time quitting as time goes by. we can do this xych.Ü

let me share this to you:
what motivates me to quit now are those who smoke. everytime i see them smoke, i'm thankful that i'm not doing the same thing.Ü

jirl said...

Ahem! Am a perfect example of a successful quitter *shy here:P*... And I didn't have much difficulty in undergoing the process back then. I can't see any reason why others would find this "resolution" a tough case to work on.

If you want to quit, QUIT!

-xych®- said...

i swear its not easy... i tried. then tried. and tried again. to no avail. i can go for like 2days without a hit but after that, i just crave the nicotine fix...

i gez a part of me doesn't wana quit yet. for sure, just as most of you said, it would be easy if you're really full-heartedly willing to quit. but for now, im not.

whats worst is that im getting hooked on shi-sha. its an arabic form of smoking. its so delish coz you have different flavors to choose from but the effect though, way way worst than smoking marlboro.

goodluck to my lungs. hehehehe... its a good thing that its not available here in al shamal atleast only when i go to doha do i get the chance to smoke up on shi-sha. hehehehe...

drinking ain't a prob for me. i mean i'd be happy to have a beer. i miss beer. its illegal here. you need to have a license to buy liquor, and just as cigarettes are expensive, liquor is like soooo expensive here. but you know pinoys, we make a way to get some. its not that often though but we get to drink sometimes... hehehehe...

Jude said...

if you didn't had a hard time quitting then that's good for you my dear. perhaps you were not that 'addicted' at all or perhaps you spent not that much time drinking or smoking or both. but for those who are otherwise, such resolution is definitely not an easy thing to do. it takes a lot of guts and dedication to go out of your 'comfort zone'. i'm sure you know what i mean. although i'm not that hooked on smoking or drinking, saying no is still a tough decision to make. so, help me help myself, and help me help others help themselves; we have ry and xych here.Ü

but yeah, if we want to quit then QUIT.

thanks jirl.Ü

Jude said...

shisha? i got to try shisha already, the strawberry one. and it was a cool experience for me. hmm, ok, not so cool. i find it not that smooth on my throat as you need to really learn how to smoke it. but i was not that bad either. besides, its 'smoothness' still depends on the heat of the coal and all the 'preparation' before you can have a good shisha session. eheh. i still prefer cigarette sticks, if i were to choose. they say that shisha is less harmful than cigarette smoking because the nicotine goes right into the water but according to my readings, what you've said is correct. they both have the same harmful effects on one's health. bottom line? quit.Ü

yeah, drinking is quite tolerable as compared to smoking. i really don't have a problem with that; it's the saying 'no!' that bothers me. i'll try now not to drink brandy or anything hard though (save some reservations).Ü

jam said...

Mr. GranMa and Nikko-tin are some things we should stay away from..(sometimes) hehe.. nice blog here.. miss you!! :-)

Jude said...

opo. don't you worry jam, i'll be staying away from Nikko-tin and Mr. GranMa as much as i can. thanks for the reminder.Ü

eheh, thanks my dear. finally, i got one. i hope i can keep this blog rolling.Ü

miss you too and the rest of the gang. hay. the days.. ='( you take good care and hope to see you soon.Ü

dex said...

haha. the irresistible mr. granma.

Jude said...

i agree dex, the irresistible mr. granma! eheh. but i'll try my best to be mr. hard-to-get for him from now on. hahaha. hope to jam again with you soon but this time, with mr. esemel. hihihi.Ü