Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cinderella's Drinking Buddy

Sigh, another wasted day! I'm still sleepy and definitely not feeling well. :(

At 4 pm yesterday, I was surfing the net for some stuff before going to school. While online, Peach told me that Francis wants to spend time with us since he will not attend his class. And by spending time with us, I know that what he actually mean are shot glass, pitcher, iced tea, pulutan and Mr. GranMa, and not just meeting up and chat about anything under the sun. With that idea in mind, I texted Francis "May klase ako, 'tol. Pero kung mapainom ka tas may pwerteng pulutan, pwede man baga mag-absent." (Got class bro. But if you're going to sponsor a drinking spree coupled with delicious finger foods, I can cut class.) See how easy-to-get I am! Exchanging my class with a drinking session. Very wise decision, huh? Tsk, tsk. Poor me.

And so, Peach and Francis came over to my place and welcomed the night with a liter of Mr. GranMa and 1-whole roasted chicken. As time passes by, we had a few good laughs, gave updates about ourselves, talked about others and of course, bragged a lot. Hahaha. Alongside those things, Mr. GranMa is gradually being consumed. Soon, the last shot was taken. BUT, the story didn't end there. The night is young and so is the effect of the alcohol in our body. Eheh.

Soon afterward, we decided to find another place where we can have our washing. For those of you who do not know what washing is, it is the part of a drinking session wherein you drink a round or two of beer after a 'hard' one. And by the term itself, washing is done to make something clean, meaning, it should 'make someone feel better' so to speak. However, based on several experiences, washing only worsens my dizzy feeling and eventually causes me to puke my gallbladder out - the reason why I really don't get why it is called as such. So if anyone out there knows the rationale of this apparently ironic drinking activity, kindly enlighten me. Eheh. Anyway, to continue with my narration, Peach and Francis wanted to sing the night away so we went to Myrnel's because they have a karaoke machine, aka video-singko, there. While we were there, we sang a couple of songs while gulping a round of beer or two. As the night grew a little older, we were told that it is time for the last order and so we agreed to pay the bill instead of making another order as the place will soon be closed. BUT then again, the story didn't end there. Yes, the night grew older but not enough to make us sympathize with it.

And so, we decided to go to another venue with a karaoke machine for another couple of rounds of beer. The agreed place? PeƱaranda, Aircon Edition (the one in front of the infamous Lady Anne Disco Bar). While on our way, we pulled over at Tiya Bita's Fine Dining, aka Foodstep and Jollibombay, for our late dinner, then proceeded to PeƱaranda right after. There we spent several hours singing, drinking, laughing, singing, drinking and laughing (Mr. Papacologne slash Folded and Hung slash Reebok indeed made our night! He's the man. Rofl). At 4 am, we left the place and proceeded to Biggs' Diner for a cup of coffee. After an hour, we parted ways and went home.

Whew, what a night!

But why Cinderella's drinking buddy, you mas ask? It is because I am making another resolution for myself (a follow up to my previous resolution). Can't wait until New Year for this one. From now on:
Alcohol intake stops at 12 midnight.
12 Midnight

Yes, you read it right. I want to keep myself from drinking alcohol past 12 midnight. If I can't stop drinking, at least I should put limit to it. I assume this is easier than limiting the number of bottles that I should drink or that I should only drink beer. I can still stay beyond 12 midnight though but will just have to drink anything but liquor and devour the finger foods. Eheh.

Are you in doubt if I can make it? I, too, am in doubt. But you see, it has been more than 3 months now since I made a resolution regarding smoking (which I am faithfully abiding) so I guess, this resolution will not be that hard to keep. Hope it really is. Anyhow, I'll stand by it, slowly and steadily.

Maktub!

4 comments:

atomicgirl said...

Nice. I'm glad that you have a resolution like that. I have to cut back on my ciggies, really. Today, I was able to smoke just 5. Yey! :p But yeah, it was a fun night.

Oh by the way, I was supposed to blog about this but you wrote about it first. Why oh why? :(

More on this sa blog ko.

Jude said...

nice, that's a good start. you should not buy a pack anymore to keep yourself from smoking anytime. try the 'per piece' practice. eheh.

i started writing this post the moment i woke up (around 9 or 10 am i guess) but finished it around midnight. hahaha. had you wrote your post yesterday, yours could have been the first one. eheh.

until next time, hopefully with charlie. :)

Ryan Baliza said...

i know why washing was called as such. It's because drinking beer makes you pee more than the usual. Your body gets washed through frequent urination - removing the hard alcohol you drank before the beer. Thus, the name-washing. It is however true that washing can even worsen your intoxication since beer is also an alcoholic beverage (only milder). hehehe

Jude said...

very well said, ry. i get it now. thanks a bunch po. so the question now is, when can we do it? in other words, ano pang alat? tara na! eheh.