Monday, November 10, 2008

Reckless Imprudence Resulting in Guilt Feelings

[Monday ; 4:25 pm.] While rushing down the street on my motorcycle to beat an enrolment deadline, I accidentally hit someone. A girl crossing the pedestrian lane got me stunned when she suddenly appeared right in front of my somewhat fast-moving vehicle. Good thing, I was able to depress the brakes strong and timely enough to keep myself from fatally injuring an innocent student. After the untoward incident, the girl, without saying anything or even looking at me, immediately walked towards the other side of the road where a number of people are standing by and waiting for a ride. While walking away, I was left asking her if she is alright. When no response was given to me, I parked on the streetside at once, got off my bike and looked for her in the crowd. When I couldn't find her, my guilt feelings grew stronger. Upon asking a couple of witnesses as to where she went, that was the only time when I learned that she already rode a passenger jeepney. Clueless about her condition and terribly feeling guilty, I just thanked God for saving the both of us from severe injury. And with nothing else to do, I then drove to school.

To the victim of my reckless imprudence, whoever you are, I'm so sorry my dear. I pray that no injury or trauma was caused to you by my carelessness. :(

Lessons learned: That even if you are already in the right place, you can still be in deep shit if you are there at the wrong time. That, from now on, I should drive prudently for the next untoward incident might be a disastrous and fatal one. And lastly, that God is really good.

Again, I praise and thank you dear God!

Maktub!

2 comments:

jirl said...

lesson dyan eh: enroll early... para di ka nagmamadaling magdrive! lol!

Jude said...

hahaha. damn, how could i miss that very important lesson! eheh. i'll defnitely an expert advice from an early bird like you jirl. eheh.

btw, how's everything?Ü