Friday, July 25, 2008

The Traveler’s Gift

While thinking about what to post for some time now, several topics came rushing to my mind: ancestral origin, hometown, escapades, faith and love life(?), among others. The only problem is that I just can’t find a way to start one and come up with a good write-up. This has always been the problem of trying hard seasonal writers like me. Anyway, I can still use such topics in the days to come; just need to find a good motivation or inspiration perhaps so I can put them into words.

Now, why The Travelers Gift you may ask? I chose this topic because of a book that I finished reading a couple of months ago. The Traveler’s Gift is a book written by Andy Andrews, wherein he mentioned and creatively presented the seven choices that one must take into account in order to achieve personal triumph. I consider it very inspirational because I, as a naive traveler of life, usually look at the glass half-empty or in a wrong perspective (although I’m still in denial of myself being pessimistic), causing me to live a topsy-turvy life. And since I find it helpful to be always reminded of these must-make decisions so I could be guided accordingly, I decided to come up with this post. This will also allow me to share them with you guys.

So to Sir Andy, let me borrow some of your wits:

Andy Andrews' The Traveler's Gift: The Seven Decisions

The Traveler’s Gift:
7 Decisions That Determine Personal Success

First Decision
The Buck Stops Here.

I accept responsibility for my past.
I control my thoughts.
I control my emotions.
I am responsible for my success.
The buck stops here.

Second Decision
I Will Seek Wisdom.

I will be a servant to others.
I will listen to the counsel of wise men.
I will choose my friends with care.
I will seek wisdom.

Third Decision
I Am A Person Of Action.

I am courageous.
I am a leader.
I seize the moment.
I choose now.
I am a person of action.

Fourth Decision
I Have A Decided Heart.

I will not wait.
I am passionate about my vision for the future.
My course has been charted.
My destiny is assured.
I have a decided heart.

Fifth Decision
Today I Will Choose To Be Happy.

I will greet each day with laughter.
I will smile at every person I meet.
I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
Today I will choose to be happy.

Sixth Decision
I Will Greet This Day With A Forgiving Spirit.

I will forgive even those who do not ask for forgiveness.
I will forgive those who criticize me unjustly.
I will forgive myself.
I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Seventh Decision
I Will Persist Without Exception.

I will continue despite exhaustion.
I focus on results.

I am a person of great faith
.
I will persist without exception.


I hope these decisions will guide us all in dealing with our lives, victoriously.


postscript:

Thanks Tito Omec for sharing the book with me.

Maktub!

No comments: