Sunday, July 20, 2008

Law School

After 14 long years of studying just to finish a baccalaureate degree, which is said to be the minimum educational requirement to find a decent job, I decided to go back to school for another 4 excruciating years as a Law student.

Being a Political Science graduate, I thought that I have nowhere else to go but to pursue the study of Law. Never did I think that what I am about to go through is a journey to uncertainty. Why? It is because the foremost and ultimate goal of every Law student is to become a lawyer. Unfortunately, passing the Bar Examination is definitely not that easy, especially if you are talking about the Philippine Bar Exam. As a result, a number of times did I entertain the thought of quitting, or at least taking a break for a year or two, from Law school. Such thoughts rush in whenever I am overwhelmed by the terrible rigors of almost everyday recitation and/or short quiz as well as the periodic hell week (prelims, midterms and final examinations), not to mention the number of textbooks, codal provisions, cases and other materials you need to read, understand and keep in mind. Indeed, to be part of the legal profession is to do lots of hard work and sacrifice (of course perseverance and prayers included). Also, the need for me to work and earn money to be able to support my studies even made things difficult for me in Law school. With all these, my doubtful and not-so-confident mind consistently convinces me that the Law course is not my cup of tea.

Nonetheless, our batch was able to graduate. Starting from about 40-50 enrollees, 9 of us plus 9 irregular students survived and finished strong. Last March 2008, I received my LLB diploma. Together with my classmates, I am proud to say that:
“Studying Law is tough, but we are definitely tougher!”

Bicol College Diploma

My classmates are now preparing for the fast approaching 2008 Bar Examination. As for me, I decided to take the exam next year to be able to catch up with so many things. But sadly, I still haven’t flipped through the pages of any reading materials for almost 4 months now. Sigh! Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back on track and do what is supposed to be done before it’s too late.

Who among us will become a lawyer, He only knows. And so I say, God bless us all and best of luck.

St. Jude, pray for us.

Maktub!

2 comments:

atomicgirl said...

You can do it Lops! With the kind of dedication and passion you have, I'm sure you would be able to reach your goals. So goodluck to you! :D

Jude said...

only He knows where i'm heading. but as far as i'm concerned, i am really hoping to hurdle the bar but not expecting. i'll just do my best, give my all and let it be done to me according to my faith.Ü