Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Good Ol' YFC Youth Camp Days

While browsing through some of my stuff, I came across a bundle of paper strips that made me smile and look back to the YFC Youth Camps that I attended, participated in, and served at.

Inscripted to such paper strips were different tags like "I like your smile.", "You brighten up my day.", "You are God's gift to me.", "You inspire me most.", and "Hope to see you soon." Written at the back were the names and contact number of the person who will give them away as a form of remembrance and appreciation.

The giving of these strips is done at the last day of the camp, particularly after the closing worship, and just before packing up. It is during that time that everybody is at the height of their spirituality and gladness after listening to five moving and inspiring talks and participating in various clean, good, fun activities. Both the participants and the service team members are given these pieces of paper, which they will also give to anyone who they feel is suited for the inscriptions.

As for me, I usually receive more "I like your smile." strips since I wear a big grin on my face while roaming around, giving away my paper strips. But what really touches my heart are the "You inspire me most." strips. I got a number of them over the years I served God through Youth for Christ. Seeing mementos like these pieces of paper always makes me smile and reminisce the wonderful memories I had in YFC Youth Camps.

God is good, all the time!
All the time, God is good!

Maktub!

No comments: